Saturday, July 2, 2011

June Luxe Box

So... long time, no blog. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not good at staying on top of this whole blogging on a regular basis thing so I apologize for that and I'll try my best to blog more often.
If you live in Canada you're probably aware that Canada Post was on strike for the past few weeks leaving all mail stuck in limbo, hence, my extremely late June Luxe Box post. The really sad thing is that this package was supposed to arrive at my post office the day after the strike began and I think it was at my post office the entire time but I just couldn't get it. If you couldn't tell I'm a little bit frustrated with Canada Post [Canada post rant starts here]. I personally don't see their need for a pay increase when their performance remains substandard compared with postal services in other countries. I really don't see why it should cost less and take less time to deliver something to the US than it does to deliver something within our own country, never mind the fact that our "fast" delivery time is still extremely slow compared with mail in the US and other countries. Puh-lease Canada Post, don't go asking for a raise when it's clearly not deserved. Step up your game and then maybe we'll talk.
Okay, sorry about that. Now it's time to show you what I got in my June Luxe Box! If you don't already know what Luxe Box is I'll link my first post here where I explain how it works. There are a few changes since the Luxe Box has been launched to the public, though. A monthly membership now costs $12 , a three month membership costs $36, and a 12 month membership costs $120. There is no difference in price between a one month and three month membership but those who have ordered the three month and 12 month memberships get their Luxe Boxes shipped out first. The 12 month Luxe Box subscription also has the perk of essentially getting two months of Luxe Box for free. You can order the Luxe Box at http://www.loosebutton.com/. I still have one more month of my original three month subscription to try out before I decide if I'll be purchasing additional Luxe Boxes in the future.
This is what I got...




1. Consonant Skincare Face Wash: This is an item that I don't see myself using anytime soon. I just started a new job working for Clinique so like a good employee I've been using their skin care religiously so new skin care products are not something I'm looking for.
2. Joico Colour Therapy Restorative Styling Oil: I'm semi-excited about this product. I've been wanting to try a new hair oil for a while now but I've noticed that a lot of them are actually silicone based so while it may feel like the oil is making your hair healthier it's really just the silicone coating your hair. This oil is no exception. The first ingredient is silicone and that really turned me off this product. I'll continue to use it just because I have it and hopefully it will cut down on drying time but I don't except it to improve the health of my hair.
3. Laura Mercier Eye Colour: If it weren't for this product I would probably be disappointed with this month's Luxe Box. This is a full sized eyeshadow guys! I received Sandstone which is a peachy/flesh tone sort of colour. It's really similar to MAC Naked Lunch but I find that it's slightly lighter and less orangey which works a lot better on my ultra pale skin. This would make a really nice all over the lid or even a highlight colour so I think I'll actually get quite a bit of use out of this as opposed to less multi-use singles I have that just sit in my makeup drawer.
4. Dermalogica Shaving Cream & Daily Clean Scrub: These items were included as a Father's Day treat since this Luxe Box was supposed to go out in June. I thought this was a really cute touch but Luxe Box sent me two shaving creams instead of a daily clean scrub. I don't really mind since the samples are so small anyway and I know my Dad wouldn't use them anyway.





Sandstone, Naked Lunch

Overall, I think this Luxe Box was worth it. The eyeshadow alone is valued at $22 (I think this is the US price, in Canada they retail for $27) so that more than doubles the cost of the Luxe Box (almost triples if you consider the Canadian price). Did any of you receive the June Luxe Box? If so what did you get and  what were your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. The laura mercier eyeshadow in there definitely makes the box great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is very lovely and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit myb blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post hun x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...